Clanrye Training in Partnership
with Southern Regional College
offers a range of courses at its base in Slieve Gullion Courtyard, Killeavy, Newry.
Following initial assessment and induction Open College Network (OCN) qualifications will be delivered in the following areas:-
• Horticulture propagation/amenity
• Catering/food service/food preparation
• Retail/customer service
• Recreation and leisure
• Craft Joinery
Personal Development is a key element of Clanrye’s training programme and includes:-
• A recognised qualification in self-development
• Work preparation skills
• Work experience with local employers
• Educational/industrial visits e.g. Bombardier, Belfast.
Essential Skills - recognised qualifications in literacy, numeracy and ICT are an integral part of the programme.
Following completion of the course some young people may progress into employment on a full-time, part-time or supported basis. Others may progress to vocational courses within the Southern Regional College to obtain additional qualifications.
Skills for Your Life: 52 weeks
Skills for Work: Up to 156 weeks for people identified with a disability &/or specific need
Young people attend Clanrye on a full-time basis
i.e. 5 days per week 9.00 am 3.30 pm Monday Thursday
9.00 am 12.30 pm Friday
Participants will receive:-
• Educational Maintenance Allowance of £40 per week
• Assistance with travel expenses
• Protective clothing (if applicable)